Chop It Like It’s Hot…
Updated: Mar 23, 2020
No one is born a great cook. Don’t worry girl - you got this!
I’m going to be honest, whole foods are going to require you to do a little more work… cooking!
Many people in industrialized countries have lost their cooking skills, or they simply feel they don’t have time. The “take out” options just seem easier.
It doesn’t have to be that way. You will build confidence in the kitchen with practice and just home cooking alone will get you on a healthier path.
Here are a few ideas that can make cooking easier and faster:
- pre-washed / pre-cut veggies (You will pay a little more but save valuable time)
- easy prep fruit (think apples/banana)
- easy prep vegetable (sugar snap peas, cucumbers…)
- canned low-sodium beans and lentils
- canned low-sodium vegetables (diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes - great for soups and chilies)
- fresh frozen fruits and veggies (usually frozen when in season and very nutrient dense)
- slow Cookers (plug it in, throw your ingredients in and go to work… when you get home dinner is served!)
- pressure Cookers (under pressure.. (music symbol).. sorry lost myself. They cook things faster)
- a dedicated meal-prep day (doesn’t make cooking easier but is a lifesaver during the busy week)
How do you save time in the kitchen? I would love to know… post below and let’s help make our lives easier.